Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More good news! My blood test results yesterday were stable enough to allow me to receive my fifth our of six scheduled chemo treatments. I really do feel "normal" with enough energy to go about my daily routine of doing laundry, running errands, cleaning house, and visiting with friends. I am going to school for a few hours today to get things in order for when we return after the holidays. Since I was in the hospital the whole week just prior to our Christmas break, everything in my office and in the library was left "as is", which I'm sure is not a pretty picture! It will give me peace of mind to put a dent in cleaning up the chaos. I am still amazed at the progress I have made in a little over a week and am so thankful that I am here writing this update, feeling positive and excited about the coming new year. Sarah, Bob, and I have so much to be thankful for in 2009 and are amazed daily at the outpouring of love, prayers, and support we receive from our extended family and friends all across the country. It has been a life-changing, amazing journey! Love to you all!

9 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!! What awesome New Year's News!! Love you Moroneys!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you're cleaning. . .you're amazing, Ruth! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! You have been in my heart and prayers so much recently. I saw Sarah this morning and she had a HUGE smile on her face as she told me how well you are doing! God is amazing the way that he works! I know the kids will be excited to see you next week.~Linda Dudley

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you guys, Happy New Year, now that it is. Peter and Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Ruth! I am so glad we can welcome 2010 with you still in our lives. Such good news. I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing!!! Kealy will be thrilled to see her "Mrs. Macaroni" at school. You are the BEST!!!!! I am so happy for you and your amazing family. Happy New Year, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth--It is Karen Martin...Emily Delles sent me the link to your blog. I am thrilled to hear that you are doing well!!! WOW! Praise God! He is good! My family and church has been praying for you.

    Kathy Cummings emailed when they called Hospice and tears ran down my face. I will never forget those times teaching together. We miss Vail too much...though are doing well.

    Will continue to check your blog! My email is hikinco@bellsouth.net if you want to respond. I do have a blog but haven't written on it in almost a year!

    TAKE CARE! XOXOXO
    Happy New Year--all the best for 2010!
    Karen Marti

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful news---and it is even better to start the new year. It certainly is making my new year brighter. I am very happy for you and Bob and Sarah. Hope to talk soon. Sue and the girls send their love to all. Love, Leo Coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, I am so happy to hear your good news. You ROCK!!! I had a dream about you over Christmas break and I was sitting by your bed holding your hand. Strange, the Lord works miracles and we are so lucky to have you with us. Can't wait to see you at a future librarians meeting! Bless you!
    Melissa Caudill

    ReplyDelete