Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's hard to believe that a week ago I was sent home from the hospital with Hospice to die. It is obvious that The Lord has other plans for me because I am still here! Not only am I still alive, but I am living a relatively normal life doing all the things I enjoy doing and praising God for a wonderful, blessed Christmas season! I am now known as "Miracle Moroney" by all of my friends. I have no idea how the blockage in my upper intestines became unblocked, but it did, and I am so grateful for another chance at life! My biggest challenge is to eat lots of calories, protein, and be diligent about taking all of my homeopathic supplements, some of which Suzie Gibson brought me from Germany. I feel amazingly well, am only on a slow release patch for pain control, and am sleeping like a baby at night. Sarah and Bob are absolutely remarkable in their loving care of me. Bob wakes up every morning to make fresh vegetable juice for me, and Sarah gives me daily injections in my stomach to assist in the digestion process. It's such a blessing to have these few weeks off from school so that I get plenty of rest, have a chance to visit with friends, go to the movies, and just relax. I will be discharged from Hospice tomorrow. I have an appointment to meet with my oncologist on Tuesday, 12/29, to discuss further treatment which will most likely involve finishing the two remaining chemo treatments I have been scheduled for. My plan is to return to school full time as I had been doing before the blockage occurred. My energy level is good, so I see no reason not to go for it! Once again, I thank all of you for your prayers, good wishes, and loving support. It is so comforting to know that so many people are thinking of us and are standing by to lend a hand whenever and wherever needed. You are indeed a gift from The Lord! Have a wonderful, prosperous New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Ruth... you're and inspiration! With love and abundant joy! - Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is awesome and worthy to be praised and I am so thankful for His faithfulness, for His healing hand upon you, and for your joy and faithfulness to Him throughout this all.
    Love ya,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth,
    Yes, you truly are Miracle Moroney! We can't wait to see you back in the library in 2010! Eat those calories and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so glad you're feeling better and well enough to update your blog to keep us informed of your wonderful news! We'll be happy to see you back in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea,yea, yea!!! I love you Ruth!! Hope to see you soon!

    Jenn B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you much this news means to us, the best Christmas/ Birthday present yet. Love you guys, Peter and Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your destiny is to be the inspiration and symbol of hope to all of us! By far, this is the best news of 2009! I can welcome the new year knowing that I will be working with you in 2010! Look out CCIRA!
    Leni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, Bob & Sarah:
    There is such power in prayer and giving our total faith to the Lord! We are so happy and proud of you and your family!! It is true love and faith that pulls us through! We are honored to be part of the team that is pulling for you and praying for you! The prayer circles from North Carolina to Colorado continue on in your name! Love you!

    The Kemps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you are amazing ... wishing you a wonderful 2010 ... all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ruth and family! I am so amazed by your story and faith! I have been praying for you for weeks and am so grateful to have found your blog. You are an amazing woman, Ruth...I marvel at your strength and love. Know that I continue to pray for you and your family and smile happy tears to hear such wonderful news.
    Susie Dodson

    ReplyDelete