Monday, December 21, 2009

I haven't stopped praising The Lord for his mercy and his faithfulness to me and my family during the past few months, but even more so over the past week. It feels wonderful to be home instead of the hospital, and since I"be been here, I've gotten progressively stronger and better. The tube through my nose and into my stomach was removed today so I am able to talk and eat a little more than ice chips. All of you have been praying for me diligently, and I know that God has been bombarded with all of our petitions and has heard our pleas. I was able to go to church yesterday, and I really am back on the treadmill for short walks several times a day. The hospice staff assigned to me is outstanding and have checked on me several times a day and deal with all the medications and tubing that are administered through my port. Right now I am on very little pain medication. The most important thing for me now is to eat cautiously - small amounts of clear liquids and easy to digest foods. I'm starting to think jello is a gourmet dessert! It has not yet been determined if the blockage in my small intestine is still fully blocked, or only partially blocked, or by Divine intervention, completely unblocked. I am in no pain nor am I extremely hungry. I take a long nap every day and sleep exceptionally well all night. I am at peace about my current situation and realize how blessed I am to have one more "good" day. Please continue to pray for Bob, Sarah, and me as this has been a very stressful time. Sarah went out and bought a Christmas tree today to celebrate the fact that I'm still around, so our house smells wonderful and looks festive and bright. We are thinking of you and wishing you a glorious Christmas and a prosperous, healthy New Year!

12 comments:

  1. Ruth, I am sending love from across the ocean. I will continue to think of you and your family during this Christmas Season. Love you sweetie.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, God has heard all of our prayer, and has blessed us all with you, a special person who brightens so many days for so many people!!! You are truly amazing!!! There are so many reasons to celebrate you and the special gift you are to all of us!!! Enjoy your tree and your beautiful family, and I look forward to seeing you soon!!! Today, do whatever gives you joy!!!
    I love you, Ruthie!!!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought such a smile to my face--how wonderful to "hear" your voice! I can't believe you sent the "library ladies" Christmas treats. Always thinking of others! We love you, think of you constantly, and are continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading this latest post... is shows the true power of love and prayer. Prayers of strength and comfort to all of you.
    With much love and abundant faith,
    Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, loved reading your latest post. So happy to hear that you are feeling better. What a magical time of year. The boys and I send you our love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely an amazing woman, Ruth. I am so happy to hear you are comfortable and with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God, Ruth! So good to hear from you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth,
    Our Ruth in the Bible was a faithful servant and rewarded by God....likewise, you the Ruth of Arrowhead are the faithful to give Him the praise He alone deserves in preserving your beautiful life. May you continue in miraculous days of bringing Him glory. Much love,
    Barb and John Munneke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ruth, Bob and Sarah,
    Everywhere i go someone is always talking about you
    and your incredible spirit of love and hope and good HUMOR! how you celebrate LIFE and how accepting you are and at peace.....you
    are truly an inspiration and remind us of the meaning of The Season...May God continue to hold you and keep you safe and in his hands and with your family and friends. love, vicki and dick bourret

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. i forgot one thing, perhaps the most important and inspiring thing, your incredible
    Courage. it is humbling to say the least and yet
    inspiring...hang in there as i know you all will.
    with love
    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas! I can't think of a better gift than you feeling better! God bless, Leni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth,
    So glad you and your family are having a great miracle Christmas and we look forward to wishing you a Happy New Year.
    God Bless you,
    Kim,Vickie,and Rick Olson

    ReplyDelete