Sunday, February 7, 2010

The results of the CT scan show that the tumor in my liver, the lesion in my spleen, and the big tumor in my lower abdomen have all gotten smaller! Praise the living God! The radiologist said that there is no evidence of any blockage in my intestines or in my bowel. The amount of fluid has also been reduced, so all in all, it was a very encouraging report. I will have another chemo tomorrow. Following that treatment, I will have an echocardiogram. If all is well with my heart, I will probably have the final chemo in three weeks. Thank you for your continuing prayers! The conference in Denver was excellent. I was able to meet the author who will be visiting my school in April, so we were able to finalize plans for that. I attended many worthwhile sessions on literacy, on the newest children's books hot off the press, and on integrating digital technology, including "skyping" into my library lessons. Of course I'm all pumped up and ready to try some of the new things I learned! Ain't life great! Every day is truly a gift!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful news, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Ruth you are a walking miracle, I love it! We have Skype here too, let me know if you ever want to do anything with kiddos...I'm the ET so it should be easy to set up!

    You will be proud to know that me, your friend Donna, will be running a 1/2 marathon in 6 days! You are my motivation Ruthie, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you ... good stuff!

    ReplyDelete