Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I wish I had information to give regarding the CT Scan I had yesterday, but my oncologist and I played telephone tag today and I only know from his voice message that "things look good, but we need to talk about next steps". I assume that we may have a chance to visit on the phone tomorrow, but I am leaving right after school to attend a big international reading conference in Denver and won't return until Friday evening. I'm optimistic that my body is responding positively to all the prayers that are being lifted up to God on my behalf, to the plant-based diet I'm on, and to the chemo treatments I have already had. My oncologist and I did discuss at our last meeting that we would make a decision regarding the possibility of one or two more chemo treatments after the results of the CT Scan were in. Since I have not had the full dose in my previous chemo treatments, I could still have one or two more before I would exceed the total recommended amount. I feel like I am so much stronger now, and I have so much more energy than I used to have. I am no longer struggling to get through the school day, but am living a pretty normal life. The fact that Bob, Sarah, and I have already booked our flight to New Orleans for my Spring Break is also an indicator of how well I feel! I now weigh 100 lbs. and actually have some "meat" on my bones. It no longer hurts to sit down on a wooden chair! Even Sarah says I'm starting to get some muscle in my arms! I continue to crank up the incline on the treadmill and pick up the speed, so who knows, maybe I will be able to enter the Bolder Boulder Race over the Memorial Day weekend afterall!
Thank you for your continuing prayers, phone calls, cards, and overall good wishes. You always brighten my days - knowing that you are thinking of me and are as hopeful as I am for a complete recovery! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

6 comments:

  1. Ruth! Such wonderful news! You are amazing and truly an inspiration!! Much love fron Charleston, South Carolina! -- Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Ruth!

    JennB:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing this great news, Ruth! I'll miss you in the library tomorrow morning. I was going to offer an apology for my son's behavior on Tuesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire us all Ruth!! Hope you have a great time at the conference in Denver. Wish I was there with you'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob and I are so happy to hear news of this blessed recovery!This is strong evidence of the healing powers of prayer,faith and love.You have always been a person full of agape!I treasure the fun filled memories you helped me build over the past 8 years.I'm so happy all of our prayers are being herd! Keep getting stronger every day,as we keep sending our prayers to haven.Much love to Bob,Sarah,and Shea.T&B roman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear you are doing well enough to attend the CCIRA!

    ReplyDelete