Wednesday, February 10, 2010

After going in for a routine blood draw before my next scheduled chemo treatment on Monday, the doctor and I learned that my white blood cell count was too low to undergo treatment. We decided to wait for a few months to let my body build back up and see how it will respond to "no chemo" for awhile, knowing that if necessary, I can undergo chemo again - same drug and same regimen. I plan to go in next month for another blood test, and after two months, get another CT scan to see if the tumors are continuing to get smaller, or if they are getting larger without the the chemo. I am currently receiving aggressive homeopathic therapy with lots of enzymes, supplements, and am continuing on a plant-based diet which includes lots of juicing and protein shakes. I am actually anxious to know how my body will respond now that we have discontinued chemo for awhile. For the first time in a month, I am experiencing some abdominal pain now that I have been off the pain medication patch. It was explained to me that even though I was not using the patch, the medication continues to work inside the body for some time - a "residual" effect. I have tried some natural pain remedies, but they have been ineffective.It's the "roller coaster" ride of ups and downs, but I must admit that since Christmas, I have experienced many more ups than downs - Praise God! He has been so faithful in the past, I trust that he will continue to guide and protect me. He created every cell in my body, so I know that He knows how they all work together to be healthy again. Thank you for your prayers! I think of you as my support crew in this journey. I couldn't do it without you!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the pain Ruth. Praying for you. Thinking of you.

    Love,
    Jenn B:)

    ReplyDelete