Monday, February 14, 2011

Had my second round of chemo with the drug that has been successful in the past on Feb.7th and that went well. Then on Feb. 10th, I went to Denver to have my belly drained again- removed 4.2 liters and lost 10 lbs! I will get a blood transfusion tomorrow, 2/15, because my white blood cell count is low and I have no energy. Hopefully I will be feeling much better by the end of the week - in time for a week off from school for a "winter" break. Couldn't have timed it better! God is always so faithful in rescuing me. Whenever I feel low and needy, He just steps in and provides for my every need. I am so in tuned with my body and can sense when something isn't right, so I can usually be proactive in my treatment. I will get an echocardiogram before my next chemo on Feb. 28th, and will have a CT scan sometime that following week to see how well the chemo is doing and what changes have taken place since the last one a few months ago. Until then, please continue to remember me in your prayers, as I do believe God honors the prayers of those who love Him. Bob and Sarah need your prayers, too, because they have been dealing with this chronic illness for a very long time and have never complained about anything - not even once! I am indeed blessed!
Love you,
Ruth

7 comments:

  1. Ruth, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Strength, courage, and healing for all of you.
    With Love and Abundant Faith,
    Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Ruth. I have been wondering how you are. You are a blessing indeed. Praying for you all! Love you tons.

    JennB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ruth, Bob and Sarah.

    You are always in our thoughts and prayers even though many miles separate us. We appreciate your blog even though you might not always feel up to the task.

    God bless and all our love to you.

    Sandy and Preston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth just wondering how you are doing? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm new to this blog. Good to see that everything is going well.

    Best,
    Hua
    healthcentral.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne zoller kieferMarch 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    Ruth,
    Just thinking good thoughts so am sending them your way. Drank some celery-spinach my daughter made and thought of ya'll. It went well with my matzo ball Soup!
    Hope to see you soon
    Love and prayers,
    Anne Zoller Kiefer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Ruth!! Hugs and Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete