Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update on Ruth- 4/5/11- not so good

On Sunday my Dad and I brought my mom into the ER in Vail. Ruth had been in severe pain since Saturday afternoon. She has been admitted and a few tests have been done. They were able to determine that there is a blockage caused by the tumor. Her white blood cell count is very low so we are unable to drain any more acites (fluid) out of her belly. Surgery is not an option due to many factors. At this point she is in the hospital working on a pain management plan and getting her white blood cell count up and hoping to come home within the next day or two. She does have that NG tube back down her nose into her stomach. We are overwhelmed by the supportof our friends, family, community during this difficult time. We know that you feel the need to do something however at this time my dad and I are asking for your prayers and support. I will continue to keep the blog updated as I can. Thanks- Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for updating us, Sarah. Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill & Dian BaxterApril 6, 2011 at 7:14 AM

    Ruth, Bob, and Sarah,
    We are praying for the additional strength you need at this time. God will answer our prayers.
    Dian & Bill

    ReplyDelete