Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I only have good news in this update! I have had no serious adverse reactions to the first new chemo treatment. While I continue to feel "wiped out" and tired, I am able to eat and eliminate normally. My next chemo will be on Tuesday, Oct. 27th. I will have complete blood work done the day before and am not sure whether I will continue to get the weekly iron infusion I had been getting prior to this first treatment. It was such a treat visiting with my friend Boo and enjoying all her good cajun cooking. She fixed several recipes from her new cookbook and they are delicious! My sisters, Frances and Edith, are coming for a short visit on Oct. 22-25, and my niece Allison from LaGrange, GA will be overlapping a little from Oct. 21-24, so I'm looking forward to having company again before my next chemo treatment. In the meantime, I've gone to school to work a bit on planning for the next few weeks that I will be out. My long-term sub is the person who has worked with me in the library for the past 6 years, so she knows what needs to be done as well as I do. I feel very blessed that she is willing to step in and take over teaching classes as well as supervising the administrative side of running the library in my absence. Our family is so fortunate to have so many people praying for us and offering to help us whenever we need it. This kind of loving support has made this difficult journey so much easier and has actually enriched our lives in ways we never expected. Thank you all for your faithfulness!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Ruth! We miss you at the library, but Becky is doing a great job holding down the fort. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such good news to hear you are feeling better! Our ECEA meeting the other night was not the same without you there. Wishing you the best and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ruth! That is such great news!! I know those kiddos are missing you...enjoy your comopany.

    Love you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete