Monday, September 13, 2010

My recent CT scan revealed bad news and good news. The bad news is that there is a new spot on my liver. The good news is that the multiple tumors in my abdominal cavity seem to be stable. My oncologist recommends that we drain the fluid in my belly as soon as possible and try to fix the hernia in my navel that is the size of a golf ball. I am waiting to hear if the procedures will be done here or at Presbyterian St.Luke's in Denver where I have had the procedure to drain the ascides done before. I am very disappointed that the cancer has been extremely agressive in the last few months, but we hope to stop it by returning to the old chemo regimen temporarily until we can come up with another one to try. Because the old chemo is hard on my heart, we will have to have a echocardiogram done before every treatment and monitor things very closely. In the big picture, every day that I have been given since I was sent home from the hospital last December to die has been a gift. I am so grateful for every day, the wonderful summer I had, and the great start to another school year! We will continue to treat my cancer as any other chronic disease by being proactive in every way - spiritually, physically, and emotionally. I'm not giving up, nor should you - please continue to pray for discernment and Divine guidence throughout this time when we will have to make important decisions regarding the quality of life that I have while I am still on this planet. God is soverign in my life, and He has indeed been so merciful and good to me. I have never taken for granted your faithfulness in remembering me in your prayers. It is such a blessing knowing that I have your loving support. I'll continue to post updates as I have them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth you are so faithful. I'm with you, I will never give up!! Please let me know what I can do to help.

    Love you,
    Jenn Brumbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are grateful for every single second with you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete