Sunday, September 19, 2010

After consulting with my oncologist on Thursday, he would like to try another chemo that has been successful with ovarian cancer patients rather than go back to the chemo I had been on previously for a year that was successful, but can have detrimental effects on the heart. So, we will probably begin that regimen on Monday, Sept. 27th. If it becomes necessary to go back to the old one, we would have to monitor the heart activity very closely. In the meantime, we will hold off draining the ascites until we see how well I do on this new drug. I forgot to have my doctor write it down for me, so I don't remember the name, not that you would even want to know! I feel well and do not notice any change in my level of energy or sleep pattern. I am in very little pain, except for the hernia in my navel, but I can certainly live with it. Please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you informed as I continue with my treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the update. We will continue to pray. I am excited that there is another option out there for you Ruth. Lots of love,
    Mike and Jenn B:)

    PS As always let me know if we can do anything!

    ReplyDelete