Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fortunately we have been able to make some progress this week that will keep us moving forward in investigating treatment options that might make me feel better. My oncologist here at the Shaw Regional Cancer Center in Edwards has referred me to a team of gynecologic experts at the University of Colorado Cancer Center in Denver. I will be meeting with one of them, Dr. Susan Davidson, on Thursday, Sept. 15th, for an evaluation and a consultation to see what the team recommends. On Monday, September 21, I am going to meet with Dr. Ioana Henshaw at the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center in Denver to attempt to remove the gelatin-like fluid around the tumor that is causing me such discomfort. I truly hope and pray that this procedure is successful so that I can at least get some temporary relief! On Monday, September 28th, Bob and I are going to MD Anderson in Houston for a 2-3 day evaluation by their team of uterine cancer experts to see what they recommend. My hope is to find some treatment that will slow down the growth of the disease and give me some comfort so that my level of pain is reduced , and my level of energy increased so that I can live a somewhat normal life with cancer. I am so encouraged by all of your prayers and your loyal support throughout this journey. We will try to keep this blog updated as often as we have anything new to report. I continue to work full time at Brush Creek Elementary as the librarian. My Fall Book Fair arrives this week, so I will be extremely busy. Thankfully, I have lots of parents who have offered to help, so it should run smoothly. Keep us in your prayers, specifically asking God to give us wisdom and discernment as to which, if any, treatment options would be best. We know that He is soverign in our lives and we just want to know what His will is for us at this time.

2 comments:

  1. Great news about the different treatment options you'll be investigating, Ruth! See you at the Book Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your treatment ... hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete