Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've been experiencing "withdrawal" this past week now that our family reunion has ended and everyone has returned home. We had a wonderful time together, but it went by very quickly! I continue to feel well on my vegan diet and have the energy to do all the things I like to do in the summer in Colorado - hike, bike, and stay connected with family and friends. A recent ultrasound revealed that the tumors in my liver have actually gotten a little smaller, but the number of tumors in the abdominal wall are too numerous to count. It also showed that the amount of fluid build-up in my belly has decreased slightly, and that the 22cm X 3cm tumor mass in the pelvic area has not increased in size since June 6th. I am consulting with the surgeon in Denver about the possibility of removing the large tumor mass now that it seems to be stabilized. I am encouraged by the fact that my body seems to be fighting back, and all without the help of chemo! Praise The Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    That's good news! I will continue to pray that the cancer goes completely away! I visited katie last weekend while she and Sierra moved from an apartment to a duplex where they will have more room and a small backyard for the dogs. It was the first time I have seen her since she started her job. Glad you had fun with the family and I'm sorry you're having withdrawal. I'll call soon. I appreciated your message.
    Love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration, Ruth! Way to go with the vegan diet! Keeping you in our prayers. Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! The change in your diet seems to be helping! Call me if you'd like to go for a walk, etc. Cheers, Leni

    ReplyDelete