Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chemo # 1

Ruth had her port put in yesterday. The only complication was they couldn't get her oxygen up to a certain point (90% +) so she had to bring oxygen home last night (she was not too thrilled)- she can take it off this morning. She is eating well, feeling well and walking a little faster and faster each day on the treadmill.



Chemo # 1 (out of 6 for this session) is scheduled on Tuesday February 10th. As of right now they are planning to use the same combo of chemo that they used last time, so hopefully she will tolerate it the same. She has an appointment down in Denver on Wednesday with her surgeon to check up with him.

Thanks for your prayers, support and so much more!!

7 comments:

  1. Ruth- I can't believe you're on the treadmill!! Makes me feel so lazy and now I'm motivated to keep up my exercise routine of aerobics and snowshoeing 4 times/week. Since my heart troubles I have been more in the mood to read a book and eat potato chips in self-pity than exercise. You are a great inspiration, Ruth. Love, Amy N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I'm not even on oxygen and I'M not on the treadmill! Perhaps I should take a lesson here! Thinking of you each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth it was so wonderful to see you out and about today! What a blessing you are to us all, you are a reminder to love and live! Thank you Ruth for being an amazing role model!
    Here is the email hug in replac of the real thing OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, My thoughts are with you as you continue your journey. You are an inspiration to me. My prayers and love are sent to you.
    PS. Sarah, I thank you for keeping us so well informed on Mom's progress. Thank You, Hatsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, Sarah & Bob -
    Your encouragement for all of us to "keep praying" for you is such an inspiration!! You are keeping us all where we need to be - at the foot of the throne of Almighty God! HE IS the Great I AM! You are my hero - and I am praying for you every day! Thanks Sarah girl for the blogs! Psalm 3:3&4; 4:1 & 8; 5:1-3,11 & 12!! Halleluyah - HE reigns!!
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth Bob and Sarah,
    You are all in my heart and in my prayers and I know that God is a faithful, loving and sovereign God who hears and answers our prayers!

    Ruth, you are a blessing and an inspiration beyond belief and you shine God love on all who know you THANK YOU!

    Sarah, thank you for keeping us updated, and Bob thank you for your love and faithfulness to God and your family

    I love you all!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending best thoughts for tommorow, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete